Sunday, February 5, 2012

Chicken Little




The Chicken Palace
....
Fast Asleep --- First Night on the Farm
....
Please welcome Chicken Little, who came to live at my farm yesterday. She was previously living at large in an urban neighborhood without a roost to call her own. Here's hoping she likes her new digs. She seems to have settled in quickly --- and has demonstrated a healthy appetite and some clear preferences with regard to food items. Thus far, her grading scale appears to be as follows: chicken feed (B), product 19 cereal (B+), spinach leaves (A) and cheese (A+) --- all eaten directly from my hand, which I think is a good start. She also has a wonderful range of chirps and clucks that sound pretty happy to me. I have been told she is a Rhode Island Red hen, although I have no idea how old she might be.

1 comment:

Sarah Sutton said...

Welcome Chicken Little!